Senior Product Manager
We are seeking a talented Senior Product Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate brings a demonstrated background in business and customer focused value creation in the domain of training and simulation. This is a new role in a new product group and will be extremely influential to the future success of STI.
You will love this job if you:
- Are excited by new VR hardware and software.
- Enjoy creating unique experiences that solve real problems for customers.
- Are looking for the opportunities of a startup but prefer an established company.
- Excited by defining the next generation of mixed reality simulations.
- Are ready to direct an accomplished team of engineers and designers to build impactful XR training and simulation products
We are looking for someone who has a mix of experience and interest in virtual reality, augmented reality, 3D graphics, and/or simulations. We expect that candidates will have mixed levels of experience working among some subset of these or similar technologies, a good grasp of the fundamentals, and an avid interest to learn and grow in VR/AR/FR and simulations.
Our team is very strong in software, math and physical engineering and has strong perspectives on technical approaches to problems. The ideal candidate will bring a business perspective and confidence to point this team in the right direction and drive them to a goal with clear market value.
- Drive product and business-planning process for the training and simulation business unit
- Analyze customer needs to identify market opportunities and form a POV on the best way to exploit these opportunities
- Assess competitor offerings and analyze adjacent market product opportunities
- Create MRD and PRD documents, drive consensus among stakeholders and executives
- Generate detailed technical requirements within the internal technical development processes and tools
- Own the product development lifecycle from concept to end-of-life
- Develop go-to-market strategies, marketing plans and work with sales to drive successful product launches
- Define the product vision and drive the roadmap for our products
- Collect and measure key product metrics against goals to inform success of each release and plan iterations accordingly
- Translate market trends into a compelling product direction and vision
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, product design or related field of study. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of product management experience in a technical field.
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Successfully launched at least one XR product in a training and simulation market segment
- Strong leader with articulate and rational product decision process
- Clear communicator both in written and spoken media
- Able to travel as needed to identify customer needs – up to 25%.
- Experience building and launching products based on the Unity framework.
- Certified scrum master or other direct experience with software development processes.
- Experience with cross-functional products that include hardware and software components.
- Experience with tools like JIRA, Confluence, and Slack.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org