Head of Marketing and Communications
The Head of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for creating and implementing the marketing, communications, membership and partnership strategies in accordance with the organization’s strategy and business objectives. This includes oversight of all strategic communications with internal & external audiences, working closely with every STI team to identify and maximize opportunities to bring the STI’s mission and achievements to life. This would be achieved through a diverse mix of marketing, advertising, creative and media campaigns using the full range of traditional and digital tools available. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Head of Marketing & Communications participates in the setting of yearly strategic goals and managing staff to meet or exceed goals. Reports to CEO.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing & Communications – 95%
- Develops and implements digital, advertising, communications, and creative strategic plans to promote higher profitability and competitiveness for product and profit center teams.
- Prepares and manages the Marketing Communications budget on a monthly, quarterly and annually basis.
- Performs as the strategic lead for pro-active and re-active media engagement, and provides appropriate support, training and resources for STI spokespeople.
- Manages the market research function to identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share.
- Directs market research, competitor analyses, customer service and retention -monitoring processes and initiatives
- Designs internal and external branding and positioning strategies.
- Manages the production and dissemination of marketing and communications material across departments in line with the established house style and branding guidelines and according to the defined yearly marketing calendar.
- Attends and actively participates in monthly SMG meetings and implements actions as required.
Management – 5%
- The Head of Marketing & Communications has 1 direct report and will design and direct the work of the functional area.
- Sets goals and objectives that align with company strategy to inspire, motivate and produce results.
- Conducts an effective employee selection, hiring, onboarding and professional development process.
- Manages talent performance through coaching, positive communication, consistent feedback, one to ones and monthly department meetings resulting in improved performance.
- Ensures all Company timelines are met for processes, trainings and initiatives.
- Participates in Company sponsored events.
- Handles all issues that arise within the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the executive management team.
Internal and External Interactions:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications and/or Business. MBA, a plus.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Google Analytics certification preferred.
- 5-7 years experience in digital marketing and marketing analytics.
- 5+ years within a B2B environment; technology experience a plus
- Minimum of five years of supervisory/management experience and managing external vendors.
- Experience in implementing & using CRM (Salesforce), marketing/website analytics tools and customer tracking tools.
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written and presentation.
- Experience in building relationships and working with external service providers.
- Experience with design software, i.e., Adobe Creative Suite and Canva a big plus.
- Experience with Project Management tools, i.e., Asana, Jira, Monday a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer, printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Potential exposure to extreme temperatures, heat, noise, etc. while visiting client facilities. Ability to lift and carry up to 35lbs. Domestic travel required up to 15%.
Please send resume to [email protected]