Training Simulator Field Service Engineer
The Training Simulator Field Service Engineer will provide service and support of the existing and new customers. This role is responsible for assembly, software installation/integration, repair, hardware installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and calibration/testing of equipment at customer sites. The Engineer also supports sales growth, service growth and customer satisfaction. Reports to a Director of Product Operations and Fulfillment.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides on-site simulator product installation, service support, limited telephone support, hardware and software configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance support for our products.
- Assembles, configures, installs, integrates, tests, and calibrates simulation products (software/hardware) at home office.
- Identifies, corrects, or advises on issues with software and hardware components related to simulator products.
- Provides technical issue resolution to customers via on-site, email, phone and other electronic medium. Troubleshoots all computer related problems in a timely manner.
- Prepares procedures and various technical documents in coordination with the Operations Team to develop best assembly practices.
- Ensures Quality Control inspection processes are being performed.
- Provides feedback for improvements to assembly, installation, training, and testing documentation.
- Ensures repaired systems meet operating specifications, documenting service performed.
- Proposes design enhancements and improvements.
- Documents work performed in a service report.
- Call Set-up and Closure –accurately adds Service Calls into System, scheduling visits and closing service calls at the time of completion.
- Follow-ups with customer to ensure we exceed expectations and closes all outstanding issues – takes charge of customer issues and services as the primary customer contact for issue resolution.
- Recognizes customer perception and the associated business impacts and resolves customer issues in a rapid fashion.
- Reviews installation plan and job site layout with Project Managers to meet production and schedule requirements.
- Identifies and tracks any critical technical issues with an account, according to call procedure, to reach resolution.
- Ensures and maintains a safe and clean work environment – 5S daily.
- Participates in daily standup meeting with supervisor to update progress.
- Supports the New Product Development in creating, building, and/or testing new products, processes, or procedures.
- Prepares and submits expense reports in a timely fashion.
- Trains, assists or supervises technician, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred (ideally in a Technical or Engineering field) with 5+ years experience in related job function.
- Demonstrated experience in the following: electrical, sensors, displays, software, mechanical and technical troubleshooting, theory and application.
- Proficient with current Personal Computer Windows Operation System (OS) software installation and configuration.
- CompTIA A+ Certification, a plus or equivalent experience to certification areas.
- Proficient with MS Office Software.
- Excellent communication (Oral and written), interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision in an isolated environment.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation with strong client service attitude.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deal with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to work on complex learning and development problems as well as teach highly technical information is essential.
- Ability to interface with people at all levels.
- Domestic and International travel up to 50%.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee in compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations and DOD requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computers, printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Potential exposure to extreme temperatures, heat, noise, etc. while visiting client facilities. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and balance
- Must be able to climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time, and safely lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs and up to 100 lbs with assistance.
- Must be able to wear required Personal Protective equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time.
Please send resume to [email protected]