Director of Product Operations and Fulfillment
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
The Director of Product Operations & Fulfillment is responsible for overseeing the production, fulfilment, and project management to ensure on time delivery of our products and systems to our customers. The Director coordinates logistics, installation, inventory control and vendor management using strong project management and communication skills. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Head of Products Operations participates in the setting of yearly strategic goals and managing staff to meet or exceed goals. Reports to CEO.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Product Fulfillment – 80%
- Oversees Product Fulfillment, Inventory Control, Vendor Management, Quality Assurance, Logistics, Installation and Training, and Program Management.
- Provides leadership, direction, and coaching to the STI Fulfillment team to successfully accomplish operational goals and attain optimum performance levels.
- Coordinates order system setup, testing and delivery schedules.
- Works with development team to maintain system configuration and testing procedures, manuals, and support documents.
- Leads and manages multiple projects at one time.
- Streamlines processes and drives continuous improvement in all aspects of the product operations including safety, quality, service, productivity, and overall operating costs.
- Delegates responsibilities for projects and initiatives to the Fulfillment team as appropriate to achieve positive change.
- Ensures alignment of STI operations with corporate objectives and attainment of those objectives.
- Develops and nurtures cross-functional relationships throughout STI and supply chain partners to achieve corporate goals and identify improvement opportunities.
- Develops and delivers presentations to executive management as required.
- Ensures quality standards are achieved and deadlines are met.
Management – 20%
- The Director has multiple direct reports and will design and direct the work of the functional area.
- Sets goals and objectives that align with company strategy to inspire, motivate and produce results.
- Conducts an effective employee selection, hiring, onboarding and professional development process.
- Manages talent performance through coaching, positive communication, consistent feedback, one to ones and monthly department meetings resulting in improved performance.
- Ensures all Company timelines are met for processes, trainings and initiatives.
- Participates in Company sponsored events.
- Handles all issues that arise within the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the executive management team.
Internal and External Interactions:
|Internal Contacts||External Contacts|
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Fulfillment, Manufacturing, and Operational leadership
- PMP certification, a plus.
- cGMP training, a plus.
- SCM negotiations training, a plus.
- 5 years of Project Management for complex component assembly.
- 5 years of supervisory/management experience required.
- Multi-Product Operations leadership experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent people management and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Visio, and Adobe Editor.
- Demonstrated skills in whole systems-thinking, including comprehensive knowledge of business operations and strategic planning skills.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, computer, and organizational skills.
- Proven record of leading positive change.
- Extensive customer fulfillment, warehousing, and materials handling background.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project plan, to the successful conclusion of on-time-delivery, on budget, and customer satisfaction.
- Successful track record in leading the effective deployment of resources, systems, and personnel to enable the achievement of organizational objectives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computers, printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Potential exposure to extreme temperatures, heat, noise, etc. while visiting client facilities. Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs. Domestic travel required up to 20%.
Please send resume to [email protected]