Director of Product Operations and Fulfillment
The “Hands On” Director of Product Operations & Fulfillment is responsible for overseeing the production, fulfilment, and project management to ensure on time delivery of our products and systems to our customers. The Director coordinates logistics, installation, inventory control and vendor management using strong project management and communication skills. The Director leads a small team and management responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing concerns and resolving problems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees and ensures Product Fulfillment, Inventory Control, Vendor Management, Quality Assurance, Coordinating Logistics, Installation and Training, and Program Management.
- Provides leadership, direction, and coaching to the STI Fulfillment team to successfully and effectively accomplish operational goals and attain optimum performance levels.
- Coordinates system setup and testing, orders, and setup delivery schedules.
- Works with development team to maintain system configuration and testing procedures, manuals, and support documents.
- Implements best practices and automation tools to optimize processes and workflow.
- Leads and manages multiple projects at one time.
- Streamlines processes and drives continuous improvement in all aspects of the product operations including safety, quality, service, productivity, and overall operating costs.
- Delegates responsibilities for projects and initiatives to the Fulfillment team as appropriate to achieve positive change.
- Monitors Fulfillment team performance towards corporate goals. Ensures alignment of STI operations with corporate objectives and attainment of those objectives.
- Develops and nurtures cross-functional relationships throughout STI and supply chain partners to achieve corporate goals and identify improvement opportunities.
- Develops and delivers presentations to executive management as required.
- Directs regular staff meetings and holds one to ones to ensure communication of strategy and resolution of issues.
- Ensures quality standards are achieved and meets deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Designs and directs the work of the functional area. Conducts an effective employee selection, hiring, onboarding and professional development process. Handles all issues that arise within the department.
- Manages organizational talent through coaching and developing the team, performance management, setting goals and objectives that align with company strategy to inspire and motivate the team to develop results.
- Ensures all Company timelines are met for processes, trainings, initiatives by which team and individual performance are recognized, feedback is consistently delivered, and performance is systematically improved.
- Processes and approves timecards for and completes reviews of subordinates, sets clear goals, and holds employees accountable.
- Ensures that all employees attend and complete all training provided and adheres to all procedures, policies, and plans, conforming to reporting requirements, and safe operating procedures at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the executive management team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology or Engineering or related field. MBA, a plus.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in Fulfillment, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, and Operational leadership with eight years of direct experience in a fast paced, multi-tasking B2B environment.
- Minimum of five years of Project Management for complex component assembly.
- Minimum of five years of supervisory/management experience required.
- Multi-Product Operations leadership experience is preferred.
- Experience with program management approaches, including discovery, scoping, planning, and leading project reviews among business partners and stakeholders
- Excellent people management and communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- Demonstrated skills in whole systems-thinking, including comprehensive knowledge of business operations and strategic planning skills.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, computer, and organizational skills.
- Proven record of leading positive change.
- Extensive customer fulfillment, warehousing, and materials handling background.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project plan, to the successful conclusion of on-time-delivery, on budget, and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams, including R&D, Sales, Product Management, Business Development and Marketing
- Successful track record in leading the effective deployment of resources, systems, and personnel to enable the achievement of organizational objectives.
- US citizenship required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Standing, walking sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb and balance
- Must be able to climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time, and safely lift, carry, push and pull up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work in an office environment.
- Ability to work in an assembly, shipping/receiving environment.
- Travel up to 10% to domestic and international locations.
The statements in this job description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org