Director of Digital Marketing
The Director of Digital Marketing will be responsible for creating and implementing the digital marketing, communications, membership and partnership strategies in accordance with the organization’s strategy and business objectives. This includes oversight of all digital strategic communications with internal & external audiences, working closely with every STI team to identify and maximize opportunities to bring the STI’s mission and achievements to life. This would be achieved through a diverse mix of marketing, advertising, creative and media campaigns and tools, related to digital marketing. Reports to CEO.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Digital Marketing & Communications
- Develops and implements digital, advertising, communications, and creative strategic plans to promote higher profitability and competitiveness for product and profit center teams.
- Develops annual digital marketing plans and manages all aspects of plan implementation including budgetary responsibilities.
- Manages the market research function to identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share.
- Directs market research, competitor analyses, customer service and retention -monitoring processes and initiatives
- Designs internal and external branding and positioning strategies related to digital marketing.
- Manages the production and dissemination of marketing and communications material across departments in line with the established house style and guidelines and according to the defined yearly digital marketing calendar.
- Manages vendors and outside contractors for digital marketing purposes.
- Web Development and Management: Leads the refresh, optimization and maintenance of website. Reviews, audits responsive screen sizes on desktop/tablet/mobile, recommend/implement third-party CMS plugins, communicate with designer/developer creative concept functionality.
- Digital Platform Strategy: Evaluates and recommends content management, digital asset management, customer relationship management, mobile application, social media marketing, and other web and digital application platforms.
- Web & Digital Campaign Analytics: Defines campaign and digital asset goals and KPIs; builds and manages KPI dashboards, analyze results and provide insights & recommendations on performance
- Performance improvement Google Analytics / Tag Manager – working with CRM to implement/organize/provide direction for new/current tags/triggers in Google Tag Manager to better track events on webpages (such as clicks, form submissions, page URLs while passing more detailed data flowing into Google Analytics)
- Email: Oversees email campaigns that exemplify the brand message and ensure email content/copy, email flows and lists are optimized for performance and deployed on time. Also oversee all reporting and analytics for campaigns as well as A/B testing
- Digital Strategy: Collaborates with Sales and Product teams on the strategy and goes deep on digital channels (web, social, e-mail, commerce), technology, and data-related facets, bringing insights to digital trends.
- Builds a database of prior consumers and develops an ongoing communication strategy to leverage this followership for brand awareness and additional lead generation.
- Oversees development of digital campaigns and manages full cycle digital projects; leverages contemporary search engine optimization (SEO), pay-per-click (PPC) and search engine marketing (SEM) strategies to increase awareness and visibility and drive actionable leads;
- Utilizes data and customer insights to provide recommendations to drive conversion & market share;
- Creates KPIs and oversees ROI of marketing efforts;
- Implements and effectively utilizes CRM (Saleforce) and implements strategies for lead generation and lead scoring.
- Provides digital marketing expertise with new product development and launch.
- Ensures all Company timelines are met for processes, trainings and initiatives.
- Participates in Company sponsored events.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications and/or Business. MBA, a plus.
- Google Analytics certification preferred.
- 5-7 years experience in digital marketing and marketing analytics in a B2B environment. Technology experience a plus
- Minimum of five years of management experience and managing external vendors.
- Experience in implementing & using CRM (Salesforce & HubSpot), marketing/website analytics tools and customer tracking tools.
- Expertise in PPC (Pay-Per-Click), Social Media (LinkedIn), Content Marketing, Display, and Email campaigns.
- Experience with in-depth analytics and problem solving, the ability to think strategically while being detail and execution-oriented with a deep understanding of the current digital media landscape and trends and success in managing competing priorities;
- Expertise in creating and driving quantifiable metrics/KPIs and leverage consumer data to find quality customers to acquire, engage, retain and reactivate through various marketing channels;
- Demonstrable experience designing, implementing, and managing successful Digital Marketing campaigns
- Strong understanding of digital platforms, tools, techniques and KPIs
- Solid knowledge of SEO, campaign tracking, tagging, web testing, web analytics, customer behavior, and Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Programmatic Ad Platforms.
- Ability to work closely with the sales function to seamlessly leverage marketing generated leads into closed sales;
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written and presentation.
- Experience in building relationships and working with external service providers.
- Experience with design software, i.e., Adobe Creative Suite and Canva a big plus.
- Experience with Project Management tools, i.e., Asana, Jira, Monday a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computer, printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Potential exposure to extreme temperatures, heat, noise, etc. while visiting client facilities. Ability to lift and carry up to 35lbs. Domestic travel required up to 15%.
Please send resume to email@example.com