The Accountant is responsible for maintaining financial records, preparing financial statements, running reports for management and recording a wide range of financial transactions while confirming the accuracy of accounting information. This role will ensure complete and accurate accounting records for all major GL accounts within the trial balance along with generating P&Ls at project and profit center levels. Reports to Controller.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages accounts payable, accounts receivable and collections.
- Manages daily bank reconciliation to ensure this is updated daily and reconciles to the bank statement and Costpoint for month-end and year-end closing.
- Assists with the monthly and annual financial closes.
- Assists with generating and analyzing financial reports.
- Assists with cost accounting, product margin and pricing analysis.
- Reviews financial statements for accuracy and legal compliance.
- Manages Fixed asset administration, including annual audits.
- Manages Inventory administration, including quarterly audits.
- Assists with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contact Management Agency (DCMA) requests, this includes preparing schedules and documentation, as well as answering auditor questions.
- with the year-end financial review, as well as the Federal Gov’t accounting audit, this includes preparing schedules and documentation, as well as answering auditor questions.
- Oversees Payroll administration and processing.
- Manages Sales and Use Tax filing and administration.
- Manages General Services Administration (GSA) filing and payment processing.
- Calculates sales commissions.
- Recommends ways to reduce costs.
- Maintains proper accounting and tax records.
- Maintains accounting policies and procedures.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Meets all Company timelines processes, trainings, and initiatives.
- Participates in Company sponsored events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Experience with Federal DoD Government accounting is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, cost accounting, and account reconciliation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask on several projects simultaneously
- Strong demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining high quality
- Ability to work in a team environment with customers and peers
- Experience in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, SharePoint)
- Experience in Deltek CostPoint software desirable
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Prioritization, time management, relationship building, and attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented with strong, written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt, be flexible, and multi-task.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated integrity, confidentiality, accountability, and professionalism
- Enjoys working as a part of a high-performing team in an entrepreneurial environment but can follow standardized processes; offers suggestions for improvement.
- Can work confidently with diverse personalities and various levels of management
- Highly self-motivated and excellent problem-solving and creative skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computers, printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Potential exposure to extreme temperatures, heat, noise, etc. while visiting client facilities. Must be able to climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time, and safely lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 lbs with assistance. Minimal travel may be required.
Please send resume to [email protected]