Vice President of Growth
The VP of Growth is a strategic, analytical, and business development leader that implements and executes initiatives that support STI’s future growth. Initiatives include product development strategy, expansion of services, and developing partner relationships. This role reports directly to STI’s CEO, and will work closely with executive leadership, managers, and STI’s Board in the exploration and implementation of key strategies and organization-wide plans to advance STI’s goals and objectives. This role will manage others.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Business Development – 50%
- Create a plan to drive revenue to achieve the Company’s growth and revenue targets year over year.
- Find and implement creative, unconventional and cost cutting channels to build customer base and grow the business.
- Experiment and present ideas for effective ways to reach potential and existing customers.
- Partner closely with the senior leadership team to develop and drive the customer conversation conversion funnel, with a sharp focus on activation of free users to paid, scaling our world class freemium product.
- Collaborate with sales and product teams on integrated marketing and customer success/ sales strategies.
- Partner with finance and operation teams to forecast customer growth and retention.
- Partner with marketing to design analytics and monitoring tools including dashboards, reports, and alerts.
- Consistently explore new opportunities for innovation and testing via emerging tech, new vendors, platforms, and deliver proactive recommendations to management and the broader team.
- Create a business model for consulting services. Take stock of the Company’s capabilities, current prospects, and understand where customers have gaps. Use this information to expand the Company’s service offerings to customers.
- Leverage current customer relationships to work up the hierarchy, creating a dialogue with influencers and decision makers.
Product Development – 35%
- Lead the transition from services to a product-centric business model to drive revenue
- Evaluate new markets, products, services and geographic territories to create targeted plans for success. Seek validation from the marketplace to make informed decisions about which markets and product offerings to pursue.
- Provide market insight by conducting market and competitor analysis with a deep understanding of customer requirements, future trends, and customer interaction..
- Evaluate viability and financial impact of new and existing Line of Business (LOB) and offerings.
- Proactively identify market financial, economic, and industry trends and anticipate their impact on STI’s market opportunities and threats
- Identify strategic merger and acquisitions targets and provide market analysis for synergies including partnerships such as joint ventures and licensing agreements for the Company’s intellectual property.
- Capitalize on marketing strategies which may involve content marketing, building channel strategies, experimenting with different growth methods.
- Identify channels to test, run test, perform customer slash audience segmentation
- The Vice President of Growth has multiple direct reports and will design and direct the work of the functional area.
- Sets goals and objectives that align with company strategy to inspire, motivate and produce results.
- Conducts an effective employee selection, hiring, onboarding and professional development process.
- Manages talent performance through coaching, positive communication, consistent feedback, one to ones and monthly department meetings resulting in improved performance.
- Ensures all Company timelines are met for processes, trainings and initiatives.
- Participates in Company sponsored events.
- Handles all issues that arise within the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the executive management team.
Internal and External Interactions:
|Internal Contacts||External Contacts|
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical field required. MBA or Master’s degree in Business or a related field is highly preferred.
- 8+ years of aerospace or military experience, is required
- 5+ years of sales/business development experience is required
- Early career in engineering with progression into business development (or other business-related areas) is desirable
- 4-5 years of strategic planning leadership experience is preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in the areas of business development and execution, innovation, or M&A is desirable
- Leadership and team building
- Strong business development and/or sales skills, and particularly the ability to work productively with customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with ease on a professional level
- Ability to make a persuasive, clear presentation of ideas or facts, to both large and small groups of internal and external audiences
- Work cooperatively with a wide range of people and personalities
- Motivate and direct people
- Problem solving and decision-making, including the ability to evaluate, analyze, negotiate and recommend alternatives
- Superior financial and analytical skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computers, printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Potential exposure to extreme temperatures, heat, noise, etc. while in the visiting client facilities. Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs. Domestic and International travel required up to 50%
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org