Resident Engineer (STI Engineering Services)
The Resident Engineer is responsible for performing detailed technical analysis in our core and expanding disciplines for commercial and government customers. This individual leverages his/her technical experience, expertise, and sound engineering practices to provide high quality technical work on time and budget. This person will also be expected to offer alternative engineering solutions and identify areas for improvement relevant to assigned projects and technical activities. The Resident Engineer may be assigned a specific task within a larger project to lead as needed, which will include overseeing the technical activities of a small team. In support of this activity, the Resident Engineer will also participate in defining, developing, and managing the associated budget and schedule. This person will be responsible for preparing relevant technical documents and supporting both internal and external briefings. Reports to a Principal Research Engineer.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs specialized, highly technical design and analysis tasks in the areas of vehicle modeling, guidance, navigation and control, flight test, and related fields with an emphasis on development and implementation of innovative solutions.
- Designs and implements C/C++ based tools and displays in the areas of flight test, vehicle assessment, aircraft/eVTOL certification, autonomous operations, and other needs as assigned.
- Develops and implements aircraft display concepts in support of advanced control and guidance algorithms.
- Performs tasks within schedule with consistency, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Develops test protocols/procedures, collects and analyzes data, and creates detailed reports.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance to other team members under the supervision of project leads.
- Designs and implements solutions to address identified problems.
- Provides requirements and recommendations to internal functions and project groups.
- Participates in the preparation of project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Executes and delivers assigned technical tasks while remaining within established schedule and budget constraints.
- Delegates and oversees tasks within a larger effort to other engineers and technical staff
- Prepares technical documents.
- Communicates with customers in the course of completing assigned technical work.
- Maintains project files and appropriate records of work, compliant with company and aerospace industry standards, practices, and regulations.
- Supports tracking progress, identifies and resolves obstacles to minimize disruption to project schedules to ensure smooth project operations.
- Performs basic program management duties.
- Meets all Company timelines processes, trainings and initiatives.
- Participates in Company sponsored events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Internal and External Interactions:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree with 3-5 years of experience, Master of Science Degree with 2-3 years of experience or Ph.D. in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering or Applied Mathematics or equivalent field.
- Experience with control theory, dynamics, or related discipline
- Proven technical ability in dynamics and controls or related field
- Strong skills with MATLAB/Simulink, Python, or equivalent
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Experience in UAS or aerospace industry desired, but not required
- Prioritization, time management, relationship building, and attention to detail.
- Detail oriented with strong, written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt, be flexible, and multi-task.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated eagerness to learn new technical skills
- Demonstrated integrity, accountability and professionalism
- Enjoys working as a part of a high performing team in an entrepreneurial environment but can follow standardized processes; offers suggestions for improvement.
- Can work confidently with diverse personalities and various levels of management
- Highly self-motivated and excellent problem-solving and creative skills.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. Therefore, candidates will need to qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee in compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations and DOD requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Moderate noise (i.e.: computers, printers, traffic) exists daily in the work environment. Potential exposure to extreme temperatures, heat, noise, etc. while visiting client facilities. Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs. Domestic travel required up to 10%.
Please send resume to [email protected]